Monday, April 11, 2011

The Martha Rules by Martha Stewart

 I'm the wrong person to ask about this book since I happen to love Martha Stewart but I really enjoyed it. I only got to read half of it before it had to go back to the library but the resounding question I have now is, "What is my passion?" If I'm supposed to find that thing that's me, that will be part of my life's work, how do I transition that into a business? I think about the "things" I am most excited about and most of them are baked goods or home decor. I feel like I'm far from an actual business opportunity or experience but I appreciate Martha's push to ask myself, "What is my passion, what is worth fighting for?" I'm inclined to say it's selling pretty cupcakes or something but in actuality, it's probably more of a cause or a value than a business venture- impacting the world through well thought out, passionate, careful plans and plain old hard work.

See the Martha Rules here, starting at only $0.01!

No comments:

Post a Comment