Monday, January 9, 2012

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Last October, I attended a book signing for Sharon Kay Penman. One of my favorite authors, I couldn't miss it. Diana Gabaldon 'hosted' and they answered questions, talked about the writing process, and their favorite characters. Diana was gracious and witty and I bought this special edition of her book that started it all- Outlander. With the holidays and everything I didn't get to reading it until the week of Christmas. Once I started, I COULD NOT put it down. The story follows Claire, a nurse in post WWII England as she is accidentally sent back in time to 18th century Scotland. With her medical knowledge and historical information, she seeks to help those around her and find her way back to her own time. Along the way, daring Jamie Fraser becomes her friend, forced husband, lover, and confidant. I loved their relationship and willingness to courageously help each other. The second I finished this I picked up the next.. and the next. All I can say is I have a lot of laundry to fold and my floors need to be mopped, but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment