Friday, March 23, 2012

Design*Sponge at Home

This was the biggest design book of 2011 in my opinion. I can't tell you how many blog posts I saw with this book perched carefully on the coffee table. The book itself is striking in person with the gold picture (subtle but gorgeous). As for the actual book, lots of fun photos, some DIY, lots of flower arranging. The before and afters were fun and if you were a blogger whose project was featured I bet that would feel pretty amazing. A lot of the book felt pretty contrived- the same mid century modern stuff every where. A couple good ideas but nothing life changing. I spent about a hour flipping through this and returned it to the library. I bet it will be pretty funny to see what was hot ten years ago when this book is at the thrift store, akin to the decorating books of the nineties that are pretty laughable now.

No comments:

Post a Comment