Friday, October 8, 2010

Max Lucado's Out Live Your Life

You Are Special is one of my favorite children's books so I was excited to read this newest book from Max Lucado, Out Live Your Life. I recieved a free copy from BookSneeze and started reading it immediately. It's a quick, easy read but also thought provoking. I love all the stories he shares about ordinary people making a difference. Sometimes, between all the housework and responsibilities I have with my little kids it's hard to feel like I can make a difference, but this book made me feel like I really can. I love how he explains that Jesus, the ultimate example, was humble and diligent. He worked and served and we can too. God has given us gifts so we can love and serve those around us, like His Son did. Lucado also shared the story of Mother Theresa and said, "None of us can help everyone. But all of us can help someone. And when we help them, we serve Jesus." And that is what it's all about. I loved this book and appreciate the chance I had to reflect and think about how I can apply these important principles to my own life!

No comments:

Post a Comment