Friday, October 8, 2010

Ten Lessons to Transform Your Marriage by Gottman

I've learned about Gottman and his research extensively in school, read his book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, so I was excited to read this new book- Ten Lessons to Transform Your Marriage. It started like his other book and I felt kind of like I was getting a review of the last movie to enjoy the sequel. However, I felt like the book never really took off of it's own. Nothing felt especially new to me and even after I renewed it three times, I couldn't find the energy to finish this book. Have I learned from Gottman? Yes. Do I think about his four horsemen anytime I find the urge to criticize character or speak with contempt? Yes. But one of his books was enough! Sorry, I didn't even finish this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment