Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hand that First Held Mine

The Hand that First Held Mine is the story of two women, living 50 years apart in London. Elina, in the present, is a new mother, trying to figure out parenthood, her relationship, and herself. Lexie, in the 50's, is trying to stretch her wings and see where she will go and what she will become. I loved reading their two stories and was waiting to see how they would eventually connect but when they finally did, I was pretty sad. I guess I would say I liked this book because I enjoyed reading the whole thing but it was sad how it all worked out. I did leave with a feeling of hope- that things can work out, that we can grow and do better, that there is a plan and it will all be alright, even if the ending is nothing like we imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment