Friday, March 23, 2012

Project: Happily Ever After

Project: Happily Ever After- Saving your Marriage when the Fairytale Falters was an accidental read for me. I was looking for a different book someone had recommended but it wasn't available at the library. This one popped up instead so I thought I would see what author Alisa Bowman had to say. No matter how happy your marriage is, you can always stand a little more information and ideas. The book starts off with a rundown of how she ended up marrying her husband (failed relationships, work, etc).

Things start out good but of course they end up 'falling out of love' and over each other. So much of this book was devoted to why her husband wasn't doing enough. Even when they start to fix things, most of the solutions involve her telling her husband what he should be doing and then maybe deciding it's alright that he isn't perfect. Well, I didn't feel much connection with the character. I'm sure her husband made her crazy and that he wasn't a perfect man but I don't know that she was either and didn't see a lot of compromise or connection besides making him align. I feel like I learned more about marriage, love and respect, hard work and determination from the fictitious marriage of Jamie and Claire in Outlander. It's always good to hear that people overcome and that things can get better even when they seem bad. But as for loving my man and being a better spouse and person, this isn't where I would turn (some funny anecdotes, though, to be fair!)

No comments:

Post a Comment