Wednesday, June 6, 2012

These is my Words

Book club has started at Church again. I have a hard time with this because people are really unpredictable in their book choices and preferences. I hate to recommend a book and be told off that it was terrible and inappropriate and then feel that I must be too by extension. So I'm along for the Church book club ride for now. But I jumped on the wagon to reread this book because I loved it so much when I read it a few years (for the first time in 2008 I think). This time I read it, I couldn't help but think about Claire and Jamie and their relationship compared to Sarah's. These is my Words is a beautiful novel, inspired by a true story of Nancy Turner's ancestor. She lives in the Arizona Territory, overcomes loss, disaster, death, and the run of the mill stuff that would probably kill the rest of us (primitive standard of living, limited women's rights, etc). This book inspired me to be stronger, to suck it up and be grateful I have a washing machine and remember that I can do hard things. And to hold my babies close and enjoy them- life can change on a dime and while it's not helpful to stress over that, it is important to stop and be grateful every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment