Friday, August 31, 2012

Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon

This is the first in the Lord John Series, a shoot off of Diana Gabaldon's amazing Outlander books. While I totally understand that it takes forever to write her amazing books, waiting is still rough! The Lord John books are a fun Outlander distraction and I loved catching a glimpse of Jamie that you don't see in the Outlander series. This book starts with a personal dilemma- Lord John realizes that his cousin's fiance might be 'poxed' and doesn't know what to do. In the course of the novel things get sticky personally and professionally but Lord John handles it with courage and grace that has slowly made him one of my favorite characters (and I never thought I would say that!) This is a stand alone novel but extra enjoyable if you're an Outlander fan... and you should be! The insights into London in the 18th Century and military life were also really great (especially since I typically read the Welsh/Scottish side and tend to forget about the 'feelings' of the English!)

No comments:

Post a Comment